Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What's For Lunch?

Hello there. So I've gotten lazy in recent weeks with health, finances, and blogging. On the food front I haven't been eating the well-balanced meals I hoped would continue through the end of the year. It's only March and I haven't lost hope yet, and I'm really great about avoiding most "bad" and fast foods, but a certain chain that is (imho) bad, unhealthy and should be unappetizing has been so darn appealing recently. I just love it. coughdeltacocough.

Source

Dinner has become somewhat of a "whatever's in the fridge" ordeal or if we're even lazier, whatever leftovers DH may bring home from his work-provided dinner. I've been pretty good about not buying lunch (for health purposes and to save money), but my work has provided lunch fairly consistently in the past weeks so I saved a little money but I'm still eating out. I drew the line yesterday when I had a fridge full of lovely veggies all week long (bought them last Thurs at the Farmer's market. Last Thurs!) but have been too lazy to prepare and cook it, and therefore ended up buying lunch ($6) and 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies ($8). ugh, I can't resist buying those cookies and I don't even really like them that much! Also on the list of offending foods is Trader Joes' mini chocolate chip cookies. *guilty face*

So what's the remedy?

Shame.

I'm going to list everything I ate for b/l/d this week and hope it deters me from continuing this cycle since it's now out on the www.

Sun:
Breakfast - skipped. gasp!
Lunch - Versailles' Famous Garlic Chicken. Shared one plate with DH. It's huge!
Dinner - Del Taco. I'm going to save some face here and not list our order.

Mon:
Breakfast - My firm provided breakfast from Corner Bakery. Ordered a Anaheim Panini.
Lunch - various fruits (pineapples, cantaloupe, strawberries and kiwi) and a Corner Bakery banana muffin
Dinner - chicken nuggets (the frozen kind, Target's Market Pantry brand)

Tues:
Breakfast - Yogurt (Danon Activia strawberry, lowfat)
Lunch - Nazo's tuna sandwich on wheat bread, no cheese/mayo/mustard
Dinner - homemade pasta - Fettuccine with Pink sauce and shrimp, slice of veggie pizza (from DH's work-provided dinner)

Wed:
Breakfast - Yogurt
Lunch - homemade chopped salad - lettuce, shrimp, tofu, bok choy
Dinner - [Hasn't happened yet but I'm planning on] homemade pasta from Tues leftovers and a slice of BBQ chicken pizza (from DH's firm).

Thurs and Fri are also expensed lunches (new hire and a birthday) so I'm happy I atleast jumped back onto the homemade salad wagon today. I guess this week wasn't thaaaat bad so far, but 2 weeks ago my menu pretty much replicated Sunday's dinner. We'll see how the rest of the week goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment