Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yum Series: Ham Sandwich

I'm really into sandwiches these days.  And by "into," I mean buying and eating them.  After buying a sandwich for lunch every single day last week (Did I mention I have an obsessive personality?), I decided to give my wallet a break and pack a simple sandwich at home.  I went grocery shopping armed with a list of super ingredients for my deluxe sandwich but ended up not liking the quality of most of the veggies, so I'll have to buy my lettuce, cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and a few other things later.  I worked with what I could get, however, and came up with a fairly healthy lunch.  I plugged all the ingredients into My Fitness Pal and discovered it was about 400 calories.  Not bad, but higher than I expected.  To lessen the calories, I'll probably put in half the ham and more greens.  Or eat half of the sandwich and save the other half for dinner.  Or maybe nix the ham altogether and make veggie sandwiches.  Yummm.  The picture looks like it's a really boring, plain ham sandwich but it was really good! 


Here's what I used:
Sliced grape tomatoes from the Farmer's Market
Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment