Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Resolution: Tranquility

I came across an art gallery of Peter Lik's photography while on a mini vacation with DH last year. I was literally drawn into the gallery by his amazing work and I found myself parked in front of a particular piece, getting lost in the lovely details. Unfortunately priced at $92K, my favorite photo won't be displayed in my home anytime in the near future (or probably ever), so as a consolation prize, I took a picture of it with my little iPhone. The clear blue waters blending with the equally clear blue sky just ooze serenity and relaxation, and really helps me shake off some stress when I'm feeling overwhelmed. This year, I resolve look at the big picture (and this picture), learn to relax, and know when to unload. I wish I was laying out on that strip of sandy beach under the luscious, green mountain after a soak in the sparkling waters while doing all the de-stressing, but this will have to do for now.

Isn't this just a breath of fresh air?
Peter Lik's "Tranquil Bay"

No comments:

Post a Comment