Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Love Shoes

Pumps, flip flops, wedge heels, sandals...I love them all.  I really don't need any new athletic shoes right now, since I have about 5 semi-new pairs in my closet, but I purchased the last one in early 2010 and I've heard enough about the new lightweight, minimalist shoe trend to want to try it out.  Since I'm starting on a new fitness venture this year, and I received several retailer gift cards this past Christmas, I'd like to give a new pair a try.

Photo courtesy of Vibram FiveFingers

I'm not quite ready to go Vibram yet, but a minimalist-type shoe might be the perfect way for me to eventually ease into barefoot sport shoes.  Something like the Nike Free 3.0 v3 might work.
Photo courtesy of Nike.com

I'm loving the Bold Berry color.  According to Nike's description, the Free 3.0 v3 offers the benefits of "barefoot-like freedom [with] shoe-like support."  That sounds pretty spot-on to what I'm looking for, and the reviews are fantastic.  My only hesitation is that I have a low arch, and I'm not sure if this shoe would provide adequate support.  I guess a trip to the Nike store will answer that question.  I like to try on clothes and shoes before purchasing, but it's also important for me to read reviews and compare prices online.  For brands I'm not familiar with (for sizing purposes), or for shoes (regardless of brand, for fit and comfort purposes), I'll try the product at the store, then purchase directly from their website online when I get home. 

One of the gift cards I received is from DSW, currently having an Athletic Event where they are offering 500 Bonus Points with any athletic shoe purchase (now through January 16th, no code necessary).  If you shop online frequently, I highly recommend using a cash back website.  I use BigCrumbs or Fatwallet, but heard great things about Ebates as well.  BigCrumbs is currently offering 6.4% cash back on all DSW purchases. 

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment