Thursday, January 26, 2012

More OXO goodies

I first heard about OXO while wedding planning a few years ago and have been obsessed a huge fan since 2010.  (If anyone from the company is reading this, I'd love to be a OXO product tester!)  Since then, I've purchased quite a few of their products.  Here are my top 5 must-have, makes-your-life-easier kitchen products from OXO.  GG = Good Grips

1. OXO GG Silicone Cooking Colander.  Found here.  I have the gray one but it apparently also comes in red AND there's a larger version!  Also in red.  I might have to add that to my next shopping list...
This is great for boiling corn, edamame, noodles...anything that requires a colander afterwards.  You place your food in this, then place the whole thing in your pot.  Once it's done, you just lift it out and your food is instantly drained.  No need to take out a separate colander, pick up your hot pot of boiling water, then pour it over a colander in your sink.  Genius.  OXO deserves a round of applause for this one. Plus you're reducing the amount of dishes you have to wash after cooking, and thus also reducing water usage. This thing will save you time and money!

2.   OXO GG Large Capacity Dish Rack.  I bought mine a few years ago but a comparable one can be found here (although not quite the same as the one I have and doesn't seem to have the knife rack). 

My main love for this dish rack is the knife rack.  I can't stand washing knives then putting them face down in the utensil drying area (don't know the terminology for that) - I feel like the pressure could chip the end of the knife.  Maybe that's impossible but still, I don't like it.  And even worse would be drying it face up and accidentally stabbing yourself in the arm while reaching over it for something else.  So when I saw this knife drying feature, I was sold and bought it immediately.

  
3.  OXO GG Silicone Sink Strainer.  Found here.  Another genius product.  Instead of taking your regular strainer and banging it against the side of your trash can to remove all the food bits (like I used to), you can easily flip the silicone inside out, which sort of magically projects all the little particles into the trash can.  Love it.

4.  OXO Salad Spinner.  Found here.  After I wash and cut veggies, I just throw it in here and spin spin spin until everything is dry.  It's easy to use and better than storing wet, soggy veggies, or using a regular colander to shake the water out of everything yourself (and even then, it doesn't nearly get rid of all the water. I speak from experience).

5.  OXO GG Soft Measuring Spoon Set.  Found here.  I had a crappy, no-name, probably inaccurate measuring spoon set before this so having one with labels I could see that neatly stack together on one little ring was enough reason for me to buy this. 

So that sums up my top 5 choices.  If you have any OXO suggestions I may have missed, let me know (so I can go out and buy it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment