Sunday, January 15, 2012

Target

Target is a dangerous place.  Not physically (well, maybe a little on Black Friday), but it is definitely a threat to my wallet.  A typical trip to Target starts with me and a very specific shopping list, then ends with me buying a lot of other stuff I didn't know I needed.  And now that I've recently started to buy groceries and even some electronics at Target, there's no telling what may end up in my cart.  Grocery shopping used to be such a big event for me, since I would go to my neighborhood Ralphs, then Trader Joe's, then specialty markets and Costco (honestly it gets out of control).  But I'm making an effort to cut that out since it's such a time and gas waster, so Target has really become a convenient one-stop shop for me. 

I'm really impressed with how they've branded themselves and become so popular in the past decade or so.  And with the introduction of their own brands, like Up and Up and Market Pantry, and designer collaborations (like the ever-so-popular Missoni for Target), there's clearly no slowing down for Target.

I came across a fantastic website called Target Savers a few months ago, which lists current Target deals and prices for each week.  (Target's sales/prices change every Sunday.)  I make sure to browse TS before my trips to Target so I don't lose out on any amazing deals, especially those that will get you an item for free.  Recently I've noticed a recurring post called Target Deals:  Healthier Options, which is super helpful when you're about to venture to a place that sells enormous bins of cheese balls (Seriously, who needs that much? I clearly don't, but I've put it in my cart several times, then turned around and put it back before I leave the aisle because I just can't get myself to take it home. I love cheese a lot, but the bin is a bit daunting).
Photo courtesy of Target.com

I still love love love Trader Joe's, and they obviously have a lot of specialty health options that Target does not offer, but it's too far from my house so I stock up on all the items I can't get elsewhere when I have a chance to shop there (like Cinnamon Almonds. A great snack as long as you don't eat the entire bag in one day. If you haven't tried it and have a TJ's nearby, go buy it now. You won't be sorry...unless you're allergic to or really hate almonds and cinnamon...although I wasn't a fan of cinnamon at all until I tried these. But I digress).

Target is great for standard health food staples like salad greens and fruits.  Any other Target lovers out there?  Share your favorite Target item!

--update--
I just got Target's weekly ad in the Sunday paper and they're having a sale on workout clothes (moisture wicking shirts, seamless sports bras, workout shorts/capris/pants).  I haven't tried workout gear from Target yet so I think I'll check out this sale.  Happy Sunday shopping!

Personal photo
Personal photo

No comments:

Post a Comment