Monday, August 27, 2012

Blendtec & Green Living

Green smoothies! DH and I are so excited to start a health regimen that includes veggie and fruit smoothies and juices. I already eat a ton of veggies but not so many fruits, and DH eats a ton of fruits but not a lot of veggies. This is a great way to ease into a healthier lifestyle and establish some positive eating habits.

After weeks of research on blenders, we narrowed it down to the Vitamix and the Blendtec. Both have rave reviews and in the end, it really just boiled down to cost. Costco was having a great deal on the Blendtec, so we hopped over on Sunday just before the sale ended and purchased the Blendtec Total Blender.


We also picked up different types of fruits (berries, pineapples, bananas) and a giant bag of spinach for our main greens. And right when we got home, we (well, more like he) made our first smoothie!

Ingredients:
Water
Ice
Silk
Banana
Berries (blue, rasp, black)
Spinach

It was light, it was yummy and maybe it was in my head but I felt instantly rejuvenated. At some point I'd love to do a full on detox for several days (3-10 days at first), but at this moment I'm just looking forward to replacing dinner and maybe breakfast too a few days a week with a green smoothie.

2 comments:

  1. I've had my Blendtec for a year and a half and I LOVE it!!! You will find it is so useful, not only for smoothies but for everyday cooking as well. I've never had better hummus than what I concoct for myself in the Blendtec. I think my friends are actually sick of hearing me go on about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another Blendtec lover! I've had it for a little less than 2 months now and I love it more and more everyday. We haven't ventured too far from smoothies yet but I'm going to try to make zucchini bread this week and will use the Blendtec to mix the batter. Roasted red-pepper hummus and almond milk are definitely on my list too. These high-powered blenders are really a food processor, juicer, and mixer all rolled into one fantastic blender!

      Delete