Monday, August 6, 2012

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale ended Sunday night. I browsed online during the pre/private sale for cardholders, then again after the sale went public, buying more and more each time. I always feel a little sad once a sale ends since the search/hunt is so much fun for me, but as always my bank account could use a break. I haven't received all of my purchases yet, but here's what I bought:

BP "Runway" Boot - Purchased in both black and cognac. Great substitute for the Steve Madden Incca boots I've worn religiously for the past 3 winters, but runs a half size small and the zipper is on the rough side and doesn't go up smoothly. Don't they look similar though?
BP Runway Boot - Black
BP Runway Boot - Cognac
Steve Madden Incca - Black
Steve Madden Incca - Cognac

Nike Free's - Grey/pink combo color. Lightweight, quasi-minimalist shoe. Very flexible yet gives a lot of support. Will definitely keep.

I also discovered Nordstrom's athletic brand, Zella, during this sale. In a moment of fitness-motivation, I ordered quite a few items from the line. I haven't received any Zella items yet but will review once I do.

Zella "Live In" Capris - Black. Read so many great reviews on Nordstrom.com and around the web in general, so I decided to try out a pair. This is my first time ordering a Zella product so I hope the sizing works out.

Zella Stripey Melange Hoodie - Purchased in both green peacock and purple cactus.

Zella Seamless Z Gradient Bra - More for the sale price than the quality. I can use a few new sports bras so hopefully this one will be great.

Zella Seamless Z Gradient Tank - I admit, I bought it because it matched the bra and was only $20 on sale.

Zella Deluxe Fitness Tab Back socks - It's too bad they're not moisture wicking (or are they? the description does not mention it so I'm guessing not), but I definitely need something to keep my socks from slipping when (during those rare occasions) I run so I wanted to try these out.

Zella Micro UV Half Zip Pullover - In the aqua color. I love that it's UPF 30+ and has thumb holes. The reviews say it runs a bit long and is really thin (like see-through thin) but since morning weather here is still like 70+, it might be a better for me over a thicker, sweater-like pullover.

I love sales and I especially love Nordstrom sales, but my wallet and I are so glad this Anniv sale is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment