Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Review: Corso Como pumps

I've been eyeing the Corso Como Del Quilted pump for a few months now. I hadn't seen it in person, but it seemed to meet all of the criteria I was looking for in a work shoe: pump (check), in nude, tan or beige (check), with a practical heel height (3", check), in a classic style (quilted, Chanel-esque, check). I couldn't find it in stores, so I ordered it on Nordstrom.com twice, and both times they cancelled my order. It was driving me crazy - I just wanted to try the darned thing on! So when I saw that MyHabit had a Corso Como sale, I crossed my fingers and logged in, and sure enough, it was part of the sale! I quickly ordered the quilted pump and another patent pump in the same style and hoped I would love it.


The price was comparable to other retailers (the shoes are pretty much on sale everywhere now, if not sold out) and the fit was perfect. I now understood why people raved about Corso Como so much. The cushioning in their pumps is like a little soft cloud for your feet. But alas, it was not meant to be. The beige was more like a light olive and really unflattering next to my skin (light/pale). I sadly packed the shoes back in the box to be shipped back.

But wait - I bought another pair!

  

The Corso Como Del Patent pump. The same style and fit as the quilted pump, but in a smooth patent leather. I purchased it in cement, a light gray color, and was thrilled...until I saw that Bloomingdale's was selling the exact same patent pump in cement for significantly less. Miffed, I changed my mind altogether and decided I didn't want another pair of patent pumps. I'll definitely revisit this brand in the future though - most likely when their plain leather pumps go on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment